Sorry about the lack of updates. I spent all of May preparing for my wedding, which took place on June 2nd.
Anyway here are some thoughts on the election...
- Quite surprised that Muto Tomu ranked, super low-key KKS is now the center of Future Girls. Looking forward to more of her.
- 23rd is a great place for Paruru to start. It is low enough that if she does climb in the rankings, the progress will be very visible, and decently high for a popular member of a new team that is trying to prove itself.
- Akicha is much better as center of Undergirls than a back-row dancer in Senbatsu. See also: "Kimi No Koto Ga Suki Dakara".
- 10 out of 16 Undergirls are NOT from AKB48, this will make the Tokyo girls work harder.
- Umechan finally in senbatsu!
- Kasai at 12th was quite surprising, considering we did not see a lot of her in the past year. I almost thought she was not going to be called altogether.
- Jurina beats Rena. I do acknowledge and admire her for being one of the hardest working members, but I feel that the hype surrounding her move to Team K and news about her physical condition gave her more votes than her work ethics / personality.
- Tomochin at 8th. Both surprising and unsurprising.
- Mariko's speech was the most interesting of all.
- Sasshi jumped to 4th. I still don't understand what her appeal is, but her visible hard work really paid off.
- Slightly surprised Yukirin did not move up to 2nd. Queen of handshake events defeated by an Android :O
- I feel that Acchan stole Yuko's moment by coming out so early during her speech.